Johnstons of Elgin
Johnstons of Elgin 1
Marcon were appointed as Principal Contractor to deliver the high-end retail fit out for Johnstons of Elgin’s first store in Ireland at Kildare Village Outlet Shopping.
Established in 1797 at Newmill Elgin on the banks of the River Lossie, Johnstons of Elgin is the UK’s largest producer of luxury cashmere and fine woollens and is the only mill in the UK to take raw fibre and transform it each step of the way into an impressive range of exceptional cashmere, wool, and natural fibre products.
The new unit comprises a single-story retail store with a mezzanine level at the rear and a total area of over 2500 sq ft.
Our scope of work incorporated the following:
- Wall display units with powder coated welded frames
- Curved wall displays with dark timber veneer shelving to match floor colour finish
- Middle floor feature units with metal base plate and steel profile for structural support; visplay system, giving the Client flexibility to reconfigure merchandise and adapt to new season or displays, if required. Timber studs for column base; Timber veneer; Gold steel profile along base and gold stell bars
- Suspended pendant loops for the display of smaller items, such as, cashmere scarves
- Bespoke furniture, such as the cash desk unit with top feature display of teasels (dried thistle heads) and front cashmere display. The unit also included adjustable shelving, recessed screens, phone, and security systems
- Accessory tables
- Mechanical & Electrical Installations including specialist systems
This project has been completed to the highest standard of quality on time and on budget.